Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Craziness.......

So it seems as if the Christmas crazies have crept into my life again and I just can't get anything done......including updates on my blog. December has been a busy month for us with all of the usual comings and goings but you throw the holiday season in and life steps up a notch. We started the month out with a bang......or did I mean a barf. Poor Sarah was down and out with the flu, 2 weeks ago......the day before her Christmas concert. We were afraid we were going to relive last years events of Jessica getting sick after the concert but luckily no one else in the house got the flu bug as bad as she did. We were thankful that it was only a 2r hr. bug and she was able to make it to her first ever concert. The nerves were there but she did a great job. Jessica was very happy to be back on stage......LOVES to sing......if you ever experience a drive in my van you'll understand what I mean by LOVE. That girl doesn't miss a note!!!



Sarah wanted to wear the same dress Jessica
wore for her first concert.....we are hoping Georgia
will get to do the same in 5 years!!!



Jessica went for the Hawaiian look this year....
it wasn't hard to pick her out. She looked beautiful!!




Can't see the dress in this shot.....Jessica is in
the back row.....third one in from the left!



Sarah was right up front.....we had a great view!!


The same week of the Christmas concert we had some sleepless nights.......we think maybe some anxiety of being sick again......Sarah would get belly aches and pee ALOT in the night. I am glad that this has passed.....we did do a trip to the doctor and she might have had an slight urinary tract infection but it was on it's way out. We put up our tree the 2nd weekend of the month...... Jeff could hold on I think till the night before but I love putting up a tree. We bought a HUGE tree!!!! It is perfect......I am quite pleased with it. The kids had a blast decorating it and love having colored lights this year. They are dying to eat the candy canes but have been told they can't until Christmas day!!



I can't seem to get my tree pictures to co-operate tonight......can't figure out how to rotate them on this page!!! I'm not patient enough to figure it out either. We had a fun day today.......the kids school does a "Santa Gift Mart" every year.......you send in donations of either new or "like new" used items for the week leading up to the event. We also send in wrapping paper etc. to have the items wrapped in. On the day of the gift mart you send in money with your kids and they get to shop for their family members......things ranging in price from $0.25-$2.00. I have volunteered the last 2 years and LOVED every minute of it. I only did the morning this year as I went to help the Primary class decorate Gingerbread Houses. What a blast!!! They are the funniest kids. I think some of them probably ate half their jars of icing. Ugh!!! School is over on Thursday till January and I'm looking forward to a little break......we are taking the 3 big kids to the dentist Friday morning to kick off our Christmas vacation and then Saturday we have our friend Madison coming for a play date. I'm looking forward to Christmas.......we have some FUN gifts coming under our tree this year. I'm excited for Christmas dinner and getting to spend some time with family and friends. Georgia is moving around these days......just about ready to crawl....until then she is going to keep pulling herself around with her arms. We have started veggies and so far she loves carrots, peas and squash. The kids are excited that we are going to start fruit on Christmas. I think she'll love that.


I will try and post sooner then a month.......I guess it will have to be a New Year Resolution. I'm sure I could make a long list of those. Jeff has been working around the house......our front hallway looks beautiful and we now have a new front door and storm door. Just beautiful!!! I'll have to try and get a picture of it to post......or drop by when you are in these parts......we always love visitors over the holidays. I'm off to make my list and check it twice as we are cooking Christmas dinner here again and I hope it to better then last years. Merry Christmas!!!!


Miss Big Blue Eyes......just love her!!!!


Jacob trying to smile as big as he can......


Sarah decorating her gingerbread house.....

Oh yah.....for those who have read this far......check out my friend Lesley's blog......she's on my list of links!!

8 comments:

Julia said...

oh, looks like you have been super mom-ing it up lately! glad you are in the christmas spirit. i think having kids helps with that.
i saw pictures of your tree on facebook and it looks awesome. the kiddies did a wonderful job decorating.
the concert looked fun. i remember LOVING concert night because i also loved to sing.
hope you and the fam. have a great break :) merry christmas.
p.s we're going to the pageant on the 24th, will you guys be there?

Anonymous said...

The girls are so beautiful and Jake is very handsome of course. I keep forgetting I have a blog!

Suzie said...

Hey,
Your 2 older girls are looking so old!! How did that happen? All of your pictures are so cute. I'm glad that you're feeling all better. Love you!

The Bing's said...

What a Great update...took you long enough sister!!! I'm glad that you have a new resolution. The concert pictures are cute, the girls both looked beautiful. Can't wait for the holidays...it'll be busy but super fun...esp with the wii!! Can't wait to see Georgia I haven't seen her in forever...i was glad to see the others on Sunday we're going to steal them again soon to have some hangout time!!

Rob said...

i agree, it's awesome to have the school break start today. i hope your kids do well at the dentist. the best part about taking kids to the dentist is the free toothbrushes and toothpaste that they give you. it really makes you feel like you are saving money after paying that big dentist bill!! i should have been a dentist!

Channynba said...

I love the childrens chrismtas concerts they are so innocent and cute. Merry Christmas.

Just Rhonda said...

Looks like lots of fun times for Christmas!!! The kids all look so BIG!!

Jackie O said...

What a great job you do...mom, wife, sister, daughter,niece, cousin,grandaughter, friend..and even super blogger! Love you and your sweet family.

love Mom