Thursday, September 11, 2008

Super September.......

It has been a SUPER SEPTEMBER.....why you ask???? SCHOOL is back in......I really hate having to get up early and get everyone else up too but it is nice having the big girls gone during the days and they are loving being back in school. They both seem really happy with the teachers they have this year and I think are just glad to be back with all of their friends. I am liking the routine of my days and I think I am slowly getting some energy back. I am babysitting a little girl 4 days a week, she is 4 months older then Georgia. Georgia is having some adjustments with having someone the same size as her around but it is getting better.....probably just to have the weekend come and have to start back at square one next week. It is fun though and I'm enjoying the extra money that comes with it.


All ready to head off to school.......how big they are getting!!


So I guess I should mention more about my last post. The picture that I posted did indeed announce that we are having another baby. It is a copy of the e-mail that we sent to our parents the day we left camping. It was Jeff's idea and a fun one at that. I think it killed my Mom not to say anything that whole week. Laura did have a funny reaction when we told her the following week. She really thought I was playing some mean joke on her. So anyways, to answer any questions people have, that they might be wondering, or talking about, we did plan on baby #5....we know how they are made......we know how to prevent surprises......and quite honestly I'm not a believer in accidents. Anyhow, we figured that if we were going to have one more that we wanted Georgia and baby to be close in age. They will be 22 months apart......not too bad!! I am due the 25th of March......Jacob could get a birthday baby as I have a history of going late, but I have a new doctor that I was referred to because of my history and for this we are crossing our fingers of not going over. My concern is a huge baby........of course.....I don't know how to make anything else......a boy could easily hit 12 lbs this time and a girl 11lbs......but I won't be finding out unless it is for free and just keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get too big. I am not about to spend money to find out when in the end it's not really going to matter. Would we like a boy?? Sure....why not.....Jacob is sadly outnumbered already but if we have a girl we will be just as happy......healthy is all that matters to us. It will be fun as this pregnancy progresses to see if I can make a good guess at what I am having. Time will tell and it always makes labour a little more fun when you get a surprise in the end!!! I know alot of people think we are nuts but am always glad to know that some people think it's fantastic. Five kids aren't for everyone.......even one is enough for some but for us we think five will be alot of fun!!!! Nothing better then having a bunch of siblings to grow up with!!!!


So back to September........it is a birthday month in our house.....Sarah is lucky and isn't close to any of the other kids birthdays. We had family and friends over on Monday for cake and ice-cream. It was a fun night for her, she got lots of nice gifts and we have been singing alot of "High School Musical Sing It" ever since.....her friend party is on Saturday and she has a few friends from school coming. I will be glad when it is all over.......it is alot of planning to get to the party but it will mean alot to her!!


The cupcakes that we took into school.......


Some more High School Musical Games......fun!!


Blowing out her candles....


A shot with her Ariel cake.....it was yummy!!


I don't think that we have much more happening in September....we are hoping to maybe make it up to the zoo as we didn't get up this summer. I am going on a little road trip the first weekend in October with my friend Tanya. We are going to Maine for the weekend, just the two of us for a little girl time. I'm hoping to get my holiday shopping done. Not too many know we are going because I have a limited amount of money I can spend in a weekend and for that I can't shop for others like I did this summer. Someday we will have all the fun stuff they have down there.......maybe........or atleast a Bath and Body Works. I'm excited to go to the outlets and get some great deals. I got jeans in the summer for $2.99 for Georgia so I'm hoping to find some more smoking deals like that. We have a list of all the fun places we want to go and all the restaurants we are going to eat at.....can't wait for the Olive Garden and Cold Stone Creamery.......yummy stuff!!! Hope September is a good month for everyone else......love that fall weather that is starting to come....it is my favorite season of the year!!!!! I'll be back with more party pictures after this weekend.....

6 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Kathy, you know how babies are made?? Good girl! Apparently some people don't know....haha!! I think it's awesome that you are having a 5th, and I agree that you shouldn't pay extra money just to find out the gender. Here, we have a routine ultrasound around 20 weeks and are just given the option to know or not. Now that we're having one of each, we don't want to find out for our next kids. It would be really fun to find out at delivery! I hope people aren't bothering you about whether or not this was planned...I HATE THAT!! You know what is best for your own family, and once you are pregnant, it shouldn't matter if it was planned. Each child is supposed to be here. You are an AMAZING mother, and this baby is SO lucky to be coming to your family.
Use your extra babysitting cash to come to Utah and go to the outlets with me! Yay!!!

Christina said...

Those cupcakes look yummy! Good luck with the birthday party - I'm sure it will be a blast for the kids!

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with having five kids, just a bit busier than four! However I do think accidents can happen (aka Ethan)...we did everything to prevent that), BUT I think that kids are meant to come when they`re meant to come no matter what you do. Wouldn`t change having him for anything!

Damon & Brianne said...

I think that is AWESOME! 5 kids is a GREAT number.. But for us, I think 6 would be great.. You could always have TWINS...

Kristi Drennan said...

GET OUT!!! Congratulations!!! I think it's great! Heck if you can handle em...have a whole soccer team! They'll sure have some fun times as they grow up!

xo

Suzie said...

You make me almost want to consider having another one sometime. It is so much fun having lots of siblings, I should know! Your kids will love it too. I'm so happy for you guys!