I'm sitting here tonight just thinking......thinking of how busy life seems to be right now and all of a sudden I realized I didn't post Jacob's big news of the week. Tuesday night while Karen and I were at the movies together he LOST his first tooth. I was a little bummed to have missed the big event especially since I didn't think it was going anywhere when I tested it at supper that night. He was pumped!!! The tooth fairy is always generous when you lose your first tooth in our house so he was excited to have a $5 bill waiting for him in the morning. It also has become a treat to go to "Freak Lunch Box" to spend that $5. Jacob and his sisters were lucky enough to have a sleepover at Nanny Jackie's the day after and along with outings to the Dingle and Wave Pool they made that trip to the candy store. Thank heavens it's almost gone!!!
Aside from that excitement we have been busy with just about everything. My Primary calling is keeping me on my toes but I have a great group of girls that I work closely with and that makes it so much easier. We are hoping to head on our yearly Keji trip later this week. The kids are super excited to go and we already have people coming to visit at least one day......we love guests!!!! We usually go with Peter and Angie but this year it was just too late for us to go together. I know the kids are really going to miss hanging out with their kids.
When we get back we have a soccer tournament and the back to school fun begins. Hard to believe that summer has almost gone........
September brings school and Sarah's birthday. We are looking forward to this one as it is her 8th and that also means her baptism. We are hoping to celebrate on her birthday and then make her baptism a weekend celebration with stuff on Saturday and Sunday. Sarah sometimes feels like she is the last one in the long line of birthdays....and in our house she just happens to be right.....all the other kids are March and May babies so where this is such a "special" year for her we are going to make sure it's just extra special week for her. We can't wait!!!
We are hoping to do some fall camping this year.....fingers crossed it works out. The kids love Thanksgiving camping!!! I am looking forward to the kids Primary Presentation at church. It isn't until the end of October so hopefully by then they'll have all their singing at their best!!!
Hopefully I can keep on top of it all and still remember to post. I'm having my Mom, sister and a good friend over tomorrow night for some card time so I can't wait!!! Love girl time!!! Hope everyone has some fun things planned for the rest of August......

Jacob's new window in his mouth....

His loot from the Tooth Fairy.....






3 comments:
Sarah already sounds like Karen... playing the middle girl neglect card. especially with the last birthday...ha
I love Laura's comment:) I would totally play it too; I am sure I probably did considering my b-day is two day before Christmas. Hope the rest of your summer is just as fun!
Wow! You have a fancy tooth fairy. So cute.
I always forget that Sam and Sarah are so close in age. I can't believe that they're both getting baptized this year!
Post a Comment