So I have once again been a slacker at the blogging. It's not from my lack of desire to do it I just seem to get busy with life and unfortunately I need to sleep so I can't get everything done I would like to. So I am going to just tease you for now with one update and if I get some other things done today maybe later I'll get another one posted. So I'm stretching here.....way back to April....it's a good thing my camera organizes my pictures to the day they were taken. My sister Karen came over for some supper. I'm sure you are thinking nothing of that but we were excited to have some enchiladas.......she had never had them and hears me go on and on about them. I hadn't had them in awhile as the sauce I like is from Utah. My SIL Sonja was sweet enough to get me some the last time she was there but needless to say I couldn't make it last forever. Luckily, I have sweet friends who take care of me and between Becca and Jessica they managed to get me some more.........thanks guys!!! So onto dinner.......THEY WERE AWESOME!!!! We made the "deluxe" version that is full of cheese, meat, sour cream, cottage cheese, chilis etc. SO YUMMY.....that recipe is courtesy of my pal Jodie......she always finds the BEST recipes!!!! Needless to say we ate quite well and even sent some home to Brandon.......he tells me they were awesome........the leftovers didn't last too long. Later that night Lesley came over and joined us for some card making. We are far from experts at making cards and socialize more the make but always have a fun time. Meaghan Smith usually joins us but she has been busy travelling so she couldn't make it. We always love new people to come, it's a fun time. I made some Bacon Bruschetta for a snack as it's one of my sis's favorites........it's so yummy!!!! I think we even saved a little for Jeff and Darren as they were out hometeaching. I'm off to make birthday invitations for Jessica's birthday but am going to leave you with some tasty pictures......

The yummy enchilada sauce....

All the ingredients......ready to go...

All ready to go into the oven.....

Jacob modelling his lense free glasses....

All ready to eat....

Yummy.....yummy......yummy....

Making cards and eating.......such fun times!!!

Bacon Bruschetta.........such a yummy treat.....

Making Laura's birthday card.......I haven't forgotten you Karen
4 comments:
What is it that Jeff said about our card-making nights? All those hours and only one card to show for it? Men just doesn't understand the pleasure of good company and food to boot whilst being creative. It was made even more enjoyable chatting with Becca on our video call. Can't wait for the next card-making night, girls!!!
You're making me so hungry!!! Everything looks so yummy. Come here and cook for me please.
Ooh, those do look perfect! Will you send me that recipe too? Pretty soon I'll have a whole "kathy cookbook"!! I'm so glad you got to enjoy your enchiladas! Well, I am not a card-maker or scrapbooker (and I live in Utah....GASP!! Yeah, I don't fit the "Utah Mormon Mama" mold in a LOT of ways!! I should blog about that....) but you guys have so much fun! I just don't have the patience, skills or cash for that kind of thing. Talk to you girls soon!!!! Love ya!
aww that was such a fun update it made me hungry for all that food all over again!!! I love our card making nights...although our card output may not be massive we have soooo much fun...we need to do it again soo so we can get becca on the web-cam!!! I'm dreaming and hoping for my card soon!!! Love you! Loved loved loved the pictures!!
Post a Comment