So we are going to back track a little here......all the way back to June......first things first is to give my HUGE SHOUTOUT to my friend LESLEY who always looks out for me. She was lucky enough to score a trip to Miami to visit her sister. A trip to the states always means some shopping and Lesley knows how to shop. I sent her with my usual Bath & Body Works list (not knowing I'd be going soon) and had her on the hunt. Anyone who has ever tried the kids soap knows how awesome it is.......especially the Bananarama Ding Dong BUT is is near impossible to find. Since Jeff brought me home some from North Carolina last year I have always had people on the hunt when on vacation. Mom & Dad had managed to get Groovy Grape in the past but no banana:( Lesley didn't fail me........at first she said they didn't have any but in her multiple trips to B&B she was always on the lookout.........and BINGO she got me the last 4 they had in the store and it only cost $2 a piece......... YAHOO!!!!!! While I was away I went to 5 different ones and had no luck........I have to make this stuff last now.....who knows when I will get it again. Now back to the soap, not only did she hook me up with some sweet stuff but when her luggage was overweight she made sure my stuff all stayed in the suitcase.........what a gal. I'm still crossing my fingers and toes for her that her sister will hurry up and mail the rest of her stuff home. Thanks friend......you rock!!!!
All of my banana soap......it smells so awesome!!!!!
The other soap she got me......no pics of the wallflowers......
So summer vacation is here........that means that yet another school year has ended. We had an awesome year at George Bissett again this year and had fantastic teachers!!! We had originally planned to skip off the last day of school as that was departure day for our last minute getaway to the states. It didn't happen.......I got a phone call from the school telling me that Jessica was receiving a Citizenship award at the assembly that day. She was the only one in her class to receive the award so it was pretty special. We got some great pictures with our teachers and Sarah got one with her bestest buddy Sydney and we had some teary goodbyes as Jessica's teacher accepted a new job and won't be back at the school next year. We were quite saddened as she was amazing and we were looking forward to Sarah having that same experience. Things never workout the way you think and I'm sure Sarah will still have a great year in September and her new teacher will be great. Jessica is getting Mr Coolen for Grade 2 and is super excited!!! She had all A's on her report card and Sarah had a fantastic report too....she doesn't get letter grades until next year. They both did awesome and we are super proud of them both!!
We will miss Mr MacPherson in the fall too......he retired!
He was an AWESOME principal!!!!
Sarah and Mrs Gillis......
Sydney and Sarah......they are the best of friends!
We loved Mrs Zwicker.....good luck at your new job!!!!
Jessica receiving her award......
Another year done........onto Grade One and Two in the Fall
After school was over we literally hopped in the van and headed for the states. A week prior my Dad had mentioned maybe going down so I said to Jeff that we should tag along and hit the NASCAR races in New Hampshire that weekend.......so with some last minute hustle and bustle planning we pulled it off. We drove to Bangor the first night.....had some yummy supper at The Olive Garden and then Jeff and I did a little bit of looking around at the stores. The next day we started to head towards Massachusetts with some shopping in Freeport along the way. I got to hit Bath and Body Works and LOVED it!!!! Stocked up as they had smoking deals on and got some things for some friends too!!! I had fun spending other peoples money. After checking out LL Bean and some other stores we headed for out hotel. Being a last minute trip it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a hotel in New Hampshire but it was only an hour drive from the hotel to the race track so it wasn't too bad. That night my sweet Mom watched the kids as we hit some more shopping in NH.......it was maybe a 20 minute drive.......after going to the malls there Jeff, Dad and I went to Chilis.........yummy!!!! The next morning it was an early one for us as we headed off to the races and my parents took the kids to Vermont to visit a family friend. I won't bore you with the details of race day but what an awesome time!!!! I had goosebumps for the first 3 laps.....we had great seats........took amazing pictures.......see my facebook and I almost saw my boy Jimmie pull off the win.........unfortunately we had severe thunder and hail move in with 16 laps to go and the race got called. We then spent 3 hours trying to leave the track but I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was a blast and I'm so glad that Jeff and I got to do it. We are hoping to get back to Charlotte next year for a race as Jeff really enjoyed it down there.......hopefully we'll be able to pull it off. We got some great race souvenirs......all the kids got their favorite drivers shirts and we got Georgia a Kyle Busch bib......no one likes him but he is on fire this season with 7 wins!!!! She's feisty so we thought it was a good choice!!! The next day we did more outlet shopping and ended back in Maine........sleeping in Bangor and getting up the next morning and doing more shopping. Jeff ended up coming home with a kayak but he has sold it all ready and made a great profit. It was long driving the first and last day, but we did it, with a few pee stops on the side of the road and came home with some great stories. We got to see our friends the McKims in New Brunswick on the way home and it was a blast. The kids had a great time together. Hopefully we'll get to see them once more this summer....I can't thank my parents enough for agreeing to do this crazy trip. They were so great at helping with the kids and really let us relax a bit!!! Thanks for giving me a fun summer vacation........
The back of Jake's Jimmie Johnson shirt......he love it!!
One of these things is not like the others.........poor Georgia!
They need one in NS already......my stuff plus 3 others.....
Kyle drives the #18 M&M's car.....she wears this on race day
I don't know who needed to stop for pee breaks the most??
I have a ton of race pictures and more trip ones but can't post them all.....check out my facebook to see more!!!! So we have been home from the trip now for about 2 weeks and I think that I am finally unpacked......how I hate packing but hate the unpacking more!!! We haven't done too much since being home. We took the kids to see "Wall-E" and LOVED it.....we will buy it for sure and then Jeff and I went out with Darren, Lesley, Ronnie and Denise to see "Get Smart". We really liked it too!!! We have a long list of movies we want to see this summer and might actually pull off a few more and we have some great coupons to use. This past weekend we went to my Uncle Jack's cottage for a family BBQ. The kids couldn't wait to get into the pool and I thought we would never get them out. We had a fantastic time seeing everyone and left with super full bellies. Can't wait till we get to do it again!!!!
Georgia was very anxious to get in the pool....
Elise and Brian......she loved being in the pool too!!!!!
Sarah.........love this shot......Dad was in charge of pictures!!
Melissa looking FANTASTIC for being 9 months pregnant!!!!!
Mom and Aunt Julie hanging out with Georgia.......
Keah showed up with an awesome new haircut.......
Uncle Mike brought the party in the pool......
All the yummy salads.....my burger couldn't fit on the plate
Awesome dessert that Aunt Julie made.........so YUMMY!!
Someone loved the watermelon.......
Uncle Jack and Uncle Glenn being big kids!!!
So I'm done....all caught up.......I've been in bed all day as I was a little under the weather. I'm going to end this and head back there as tomorrow is busy with eye appointments and soccer. I'll be back sooner next time.........






8 comments:
Fun post Kathy! I love the M&M bib! I'm glad you got all stocked up at B&B Works. I try not to step into that store too often! Your girls are so sweet, that's awesome about their awards! Olive Garden...YUM! It's been toooo long since we've been there, but lately, anytime we go out to eat, we've been going to Korean food! Glad your trip was so successful, next time you'll have to drive a tad further west.....
I love, love, love my shout out! Anything for a friend. Congrats to your girls. I'm not surprise though with their genes. I don't think I even came home with a kayak for all the shopping I did. Kudos to Jeff on the sale of his kayak. His fund must be getting larger. We had fun with all 6 of us going to the movies. What a hoot about the seating arrangements though. It looked like a super great time at your uncle's. I'll have to send a shout out to Keah on her haircut. It looks great on her. I'm really glad you got to go away. You certainly deserved it. However next time buy the bras,lol!
oh, your kiddies are so smart. good job girls on your school year :)
oh b&b...i think i'd do so well if we had one here. i also love the bananarama soap. i ran out and now i just used regular soap mixed with water for the pump so it's still foam. no good smell tho :( i have a wallflower too, but haven't used it yet. i am saving it for our new place.
looks like it was a fun time at your uncles, who doesnt' love a pool and food and friends :)
Wow! That was an epic blog entry. Thanks for getting us up to date! I wish I could have been at the family BBQ :( It looks like it was a lot of fun. I showed my kids the pictures on your facebook today and they loved them.
wow that was an awesome post. Word up...bath and body works is the place to be. Love that store. I am going there when I go to Texas in August.
Your girls are so grown up and they are so pretty!
You know. I have access to B&B here. I don't know if it would be worth the shipping cost, but if you're ever desperate, send me your shopping list!
your pictures are awesome!! and can I just say...I just did a bath and body works shopping trip myself (I live pretty close to one) and I got all three of the flavors near the top. so good!!
Holy long post.....it was all good though...even though I didn't comment right away...I was grateful for the post! So it does appear that you had a fabulous trip...makes me want to go to Maine......really it is just fun to go shopping. Also I have not heard of this banana soap....do you think that when I come to visit you could spare just one little pump for me so I can try it out???!!! Also it was fun hanging at uncle Jack's, love the pics...had lots of fun in the pool! Now on a totally unrelated to post note......thanks for coming to visit today....it was way fun and I can't wait to see you guys again. Also thanks for the super yummy cheescake....I am really grateful for it.....so much so I am enjoying some right now.....yum-o!
Post a Comment