Sunday, July 04, 2010

My Canada Day Post......just a few days late.....

So I'm a few days late in posting but I have been a little busy with strawberries.......

This year for Canada Day we headed up to the valley to do some strawberry picking. Jeff's parents came along and the kids had a blast. We had some other friends show up a little bit before we left. It's too bad we didn't get to hang out with them longer but always great to see them. We managed to pick 50 + quarts of berries and I'm happy to say that they are cleaned, frozen, in jam, in homemade ice cream, strawberry shortcakes and pie by now. I think we have a few left for cereal in the morning. Jessica managed to win the dirtiest shirt award. It almost looked like we were doing a replay of her accident a few weeks ago. On the way out of the fields Jeff let Georgia drive with him. It was pretty darn funny. I really wish that she had a video camera with her all the time. That girl is constant laughter!! She was impressed when she had to get back in her car seat. I think she really thought she was driving the whole way home. We stopped in at McDonalds for some lunch in Windsor which the kids really enjoyed......had to do something for all their hard work. Luckily we missed a major accident on the highway by about 15 minutes. It was a fatal one so I'm thankful we were ahead of it.

That night we headed out to the fireworks where Darren and Lesley and their gang met up with us. We had a PERFECT view of a great show and it was even fun being with good friends. The kids had a fun day and we made some great memories.

How thankful I am to live in Canada and for all the freedoms that we have. Looking forward to next year already......

Jeff handing out the picking instructions....

Jacob showing what a great job he was doing.....

Georgia looking for some more....

Jessica still had a clean shirt at this point....

Cooper was in charge from the stroller most of the day....

Paying attention to the road.....

We had 4 full flats of berries plus a few extra boxes....

Working on cleaning them.....

Someone wanted to play with his ice cream....

Waiting for the show to start.......Georgia had hurt her mouth when this was taken....

A nice shot of the Halifax side of the harbour

Some of the fireworks.......a great show!!

A little patriotic dessert before bed......nothing better then Strawberry Shortcake!!

1 comment:

WCreativeDesigns said...

Looks like you had a fun filled day. I love berry picking time of year it's so fun. I made some jam with it this year.