Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sarah's Surgery........Wednesday March 23rd......

I wanted to post this on the day that it happened but when we got home from surgery I was out of commission in my bed until Thursday. I didn't feel good and couldn't stand up without everything spinning......so we are backtracking for this post because it's too big not to record.

Sarah has been going to the orthodontist for 2 years now......we've only gone twice in which he does x-rays and sees how things are growing. After our first visit she had to have 2 teeth pulled. It was easy and tear free.....this year when we went back for our follow up we found out that she needed her 4 eye teeth pulled as the adult ones aren't coming in straight and if left alone they will go into the roots of her already permanent teeth.

Wednesday we went in for day surgery with our oral surgeon Dr. Powell. Everyone was so wonderful and really helped with Sarah's nerves and mine. I got to go straight into the OR and hold her hand until she fell asleep........very weird to do that and kiss them goodbye. She was in and out really fast and woke up with a smile on her face. The funniest part was when the nurse came out from recovery and said that Sarah couldn't get dressed until I came in and took a picture of her. How I love my kids!!! She knew I would want some pictures.....

We are now on day 3 recovery and the soft food diet has been rough on a girl who wants good food to eat. I think with strep, the flu and nerves that her appetite is finally back and ice cream just isn't cutting it, especially when we are in birthday mode here still. I am just glad to have this behind us and relieved that everything went so well for her. Sorry for all the pictures but I wanted them all on here for the day that I ever get these made into books.....a picture of the teeth to come......the roots are insanely long......

Arriving for surgery....

One more close up.....

All changed in her surgery outfit...

Blood pressure and temperature being taken....

Hair all tucked in now too....

Mom is all ready to go in.....

Hanging out in recovery.....

Still looking a little out of it....

Moved to a chair.....almost time to go.....

A very frozen mouth.....


Waiting patiently......

2 comments:

Jocelyne, Greg & Co. said...

Glad everything went well with the surgery. I've got a good trick that might allow her to eat birthday cake. Take a piece of cake with lots of softened ice cream in a bowl, then stir it all together until it's mush. I always eat birthday cake that way. It's super yummy and you don't waste time chewing.

Kristi Drennan said...

Oh she's such a sweetie! What a trooper!