Happy holidays to everyone and here's to hoping for a fantastic 2009......it's hard to believe that it's just around the corner. Christmas has come ans gone at the Nelson house. It was a busy time for us but the kids especially have been having lots of fun!!! We got to go the pageant at the church on Christmas Eve and got there early enough for some front row seats. After we went to Jeff's parents for some munchies. Jessica crashed while we were there so she was easy to get to bed with the others following quickly. The down side to it all was that Jessica woke up at 3:00am. Now the odd time this happens she'll go back to sleep but her Dad thought she should check to see if Santa had come......big mistake.....she was soooooo excited then and just couldn't sleep. Lucky for me Sarah and Jake were in my bed and Jeff had wandered into Sarah's so he had to listen to her for the next couple of hours. By 5:00am she was UP......that's when she was told she could get up. Her and Sarah ventured downstairs and opened stockings without us.....it was pretty funny lying in bed listening to the excitement of what they found. Jake soon woke up after and we took him and Georgia downstairs to join the party. Nanny Nelson was then phoned super early and joined us for opening presents and for a yummy breakfast. I unfortunately have been having just awful pains when usually sitting or standing so I wasn't much in the mood for eating.......or even getting a picture of the awesome spread. We miss having Poppy Nelson here but he was pretty much in the same boat as me and couldn't even get out of bed he was feeling so bad. The rest of the day should have run smoothly and for the most part it did......except after having our 20lb turkey in the oven for almost 2 hours we had a power outage for 1.5 hours. I was really afraid we were going to have to pack up all the food and kids and head to Mom's to cook but luckily it came back on and we were able to eat here. Auntie Karen and Uncle Brandon popped by late morning to see us, and brought some fun things for us all. Thanks for the gift certificate to "Opa".....Jeff is already trying to fit it in the schedule this week. After they left the rest of my family .....and Kiel......joined us for Christmas dinner. It turned out fantastic with soooooo much to go around. I swear we keep downsizing what we cook but still have more and more left.
We have much to be thankful for in our house this year and I am indeed grateful for the things that we have and the things that we know. I am hoping that 2009 is an awesome year for us.....we are anxious for the first 3rd of the year as we have a new family member coming. Somedays I still can't believe that we are going to have another baby but we are excited for this big day to come.......especially me.....I can't wait to sleep on my belly again:) The kids are off the rest of this week, we aren't too sure what the plans will be. We got to spend Boxing Day with my extended family and it's always great to see my aunts and uncles and cousins.....how I wish some of them lived closer though.....Saturday night we got to have a lobster dinner at Mom's and the big kids had a sleepover. Jeff and I were supposed to go out but Georgia was running a fever so we kept her home with us. I don't know how much more fun we can really squeeze in but I'm sure we'll figure out something. Hope everyone has a great New Years and hope to see you in 2009!!!!

Santa has been here.....
Santa thought Jessica was good.....
And Sarah too.....
And he made Jacob's day.....
Miss G was in baby heaven....
Daddy is all set for the water now....
Alot of ABBA is being sung around here these days.....
Carving up the bird......it was so yummy!!!!

I guess I was especially good this year.....
7 comments:
I love that picture of you, you look so cute! Your tree looked awesome on Christmas morning. You should have seen ours...haha! I'm glad you guys had a nice Christmas. Bring on 2009...year of the babies, yay!!
It sure looks like Santa brought everything everyone asked for...way to go Santa! The tree look great but of course I already knew that, lol. It will be interesting to see what 2009 brings, especially with the newest addition to the Nelson family.
Lucky you! I am jealous of the KitchenAid! Glad you had a great Christmas! Brooklyn got Batman Lego too...did you ever find a shirt? Happy New Year!
Congrats on the kitchen aid - so exciting!
I can't believe how big Georgia is, everyone looks great.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Happy Holidays!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU GUYS...you guys hit the jack pot
Looks like a great Christmas! Yes, you were extra good this year - You cared for 4 children while pregnant!
Post a Comment