Friday, May 25, 2007

40 weeks and 1 day......

So I am officially now late.......does it surprise me....no not really.....at this point in my baby history I don't have a great track record of having a baby early or on time. I had my 40 week checkup last night......figure it can only be good stuff at this point. My doctor was a little surprised that I was there.....she thought that last week the OB was going to make the game plan to induce me no later then my due date.....nope.....he has plan to probably torture me again today. The doctor did check things out though and says that she is optimistic that I could go anytime as my cervix is ready. YAHOO!!!! I definitely wasn't expecting her to say that. Hopefully today I can convince the other doctor just not to let me go past the weekend.......baby will hopefully be here soon.

It's 5:28 am as I'm doing this post.....I just cannot sleep anymore. I think that I have tossed and turned half the night and having 2 kids in my bed just isn't working. I moved Jacob back in his bed at the 2 am bathroom run but apparently he decided to come back because my bed is better. When you are 9 months pregnant you don't want 3 other people in your bed.....it would be great if it was the middle of winter and I was freezing but no I am my own personal sauna these days. I technically have another 12 hours and it's fair game to go into labour......I really am praying it doesn't happen before then. Jessica is celebrating her 6th birthday today.......6 years ago....same day of the week even ....I had been in the hospital at this point for about 2 hours and still had another 11 to go until she would make her appearance. We are having her birthday party today after school. 8 kids are coming in total......we are going bowling.....I'm hoping to stay home and get food stuff done while Jeff does the bowling....who knows.....we'll figure that one out later. Needless to say it should be a fun time. Jessica is really into the littlest pet shop toys and we got her the big house for her birthday. She is going to be so excited!!! I thought about getting her clothes as she needs some shorts and skirts but we can get those anytime......you need a good excuse to justify a cool toy. Don't worry we'll get some pictures when she opens it.


On a last note here......Laura was over on Wednesday to visit and play with the kids. It was nice to have some peace and quiet. While we are sitting at the table we started to ask the kids what they would name the baby if it was a boy. Good old Jessica never disappoints with her answers.....she looks at us and says, "Dexter......cause he's a little ball of fun!!" and then goes back to eating. I'm sitting there laughing wondering where she came up with that line. I finally found out from Sarah yesterday that the name is from " The night at the museum"......that is the name of the monkey in it and that's totally a line from the movie. If you haven't seen it you should rent it. It's become a favorite in our house and one that we are going to have to buy. So far we've had it from Blockbuster and the library but I think we are going to break and get it eventually!!! One more funny too......I just thought of it. Most of you know that Jeff was in North Carolina this past weekend.....he had a great time....got me lots of soap....anyhow he came home with a new straw cowboy hat which all the kids love!!! So the day he gets home he says to Sarah, " Do you want to go do something and Daddy can wear his new cowboy hat?". She responds," but Daddy you don't have a horsey." After I chuckle she proceeds to say," I could wear the cowgirl hat and you could be my horsey." I almost fell off the bed laughing because she was 100% serious on that one. Kids really say the darndest things. I'm off to cut some lettuce.......then I won't have to think about it later.......hopefully baby comes this weekend!!!!!


This it the toy we got Jessica for her birthday.
Can't wait to see all the things you can do with it!!!!!

1 comment:

Julia said...

oh i am feeling so sorry for you! i can't believe this day and age that pregnancy isnt easier. maybe by the time i have children they'll have something worked out.
i hope everything goes well for the bday party. i remember my parties, we went bowling a few years in a row. it was always a super fun time. in fact, we went bowling for my birthday last year. guess the novelty never wears off. however, it's kind of expensive, i dont remember it costing as much as it does now back when i was young...